So, I posted about my progress and total weightloss in 2008. But I haven’t posted my goals for 2009. I don’t want to let any more time slip away without getting them written down–at least my health goals, anyway. I have other goals besides these (why hello there, Masters Thesis).
So first I have to acknowledge where I started, so we will take my weighin from January 1, 2009. It was 287.5. In the eleven days since, I have lost 5.9 lbs. I’ve kicked up my exercise a notch, I’m doing really well sticking to healthy choices and its paying off. I hope to be out of the 280s by the end of this week.
So I guess that is my first goal…
1. Be out of the 280s by the end of the week of January 11-17, 2009. Totally do-able. Somebody should give me a swift kick in the ass if I don’t–because it will have to be because I ate something I shouldn’t or didn’t get any exercise done. Which leads to my next goal…
2. No more cheating. I’m only cheating myself of my goals. I can have the occasional splurge or “cheat” but occasional MUST MEAN OCCASIONAL, not every other day or night. I must limit it to once a month. Period. So, one cheat day per month. PERIOD.
3. 45 minutes or more of formal cardio (ie. not cleaning, gardening, walking around a store, etc.) at least 5-6 days per week. And on the 1 or 2 days per week that I am “resting” I must still find something active to do for an hour or more, such as cleaning, gardening, walking around a store.
4. 2-3 days per week of formal strength training exercises. I’m really bad about getting strength training in. I must do this more.
5. Taking my starting weight at the beginning of 2009, lose 10 percent of that number (28.7 pounds) by the end of February. This will put me at 258.8–firmly out of the 260s.
6. Lose the next 10 percent of my weight, 25.8 pounds, by the end of April. This puts me at 233.
7. Lose the next 10 percent of weight, 23 pounds, by mid-June. This will place me around 210 (hopefully under!) when I go in to renew my driver’s licence at the end of the month. This also puts me just under my pre-wedding weight. After nine and half years of marriage. Suh-weet!
8. Lose the next 10 percent of my weight, 21 pounds, by the first of August. I’ve never in my adult life weighed 189–this should place me comfortably in a size 12 considering I have been in a comfortable 14 in the 200 range. It also places me 2 pounds shy of 100 pounds lost for the year.
Once I get to this point, I know it will be so easy for me to decide to take a “breather” and rest for a while from the whole exhausting process of losing weight. I admit there is a part of me that is a little afraid of going any further than this…what would it be like to be in a size 12? Let alone a size 10? It’s hard for me to look further than getting under 190 lbs. Simply because I have never been there.
So that is the question, do I stop my goals here for the year? Do I aim for under 190 and try my hand at maintaining for a while? Let my body adjust to its new healthier weight, and let myself get comfortable in a new skin? Speaking of skin, shouldn’t I let my skin bounce back from all that weightloss?
Do I dare look further than 189? When every health chart tells me I should be looking to 148?
……well maybe 187, just to take it to an even 100 pounds lost for the year. That way when people say, “OH MY GOD HOW MUCH HAVE YOU LOST?” I can smile and say simply, “100”.